Well this blog is 8 months in the making it is going to be the best blog ever…
Just Kidding. I have really no excuse other than I was afraid.
I have been in front of many people, and I really enjoy being on the spot. But words are not forgotten and are always able to be re-read or re-posted. So now that my fear of not living up to my words is out, why not keep going.
See past blog posts in the series:
I’m Getting Back into Shape (11/11/15)
Getting In Shape Is Hard… (2/3/16)
Getting Back on Track (3/8/16)
Over the past year I have gradually learned more about how I have changed from a younger man, and how getting into shape as a younger man is different than how an older, wiser, and a lot older runner, rugby, father, husband, and heavier man gets in shape.
Thank you Door County, ice age trail and hemlock loop for a fun run!
Here are 7 things I’ve discovered:
- Consistency is KEY!
- A friend to work out with helps
- Hurts more
- Tight hip flexors kill me (Thank you for all of your help with this Christine Wolf of Restore U Solutions)
- Need more time for recovery
- Falling off the wagon is easier than staying on it
- Challenges keep me going (like the 22 day push-up challenge)
I actually have started writing many blogs but never finished them. They will be posted in their hesitated state. But I have many more planned.
Stay tuned for my 20 day challenge…