October 9, 2021
15k/Relay – 8:00am
5k – Shortly after the start of the 15k
425 Nebraska St, Oshkosh, WI 54902
15k (9.3 miles) Run & Relay
5k (3.1 mile) Run/Walk
Wooden Finisher Medals!
Participants Will Receive:
- Participant Shirt
- Finisher Medal
- Post-Race Food
- Copper State Brewing Co. Beer
- Chip Timing
Click Here for PRODUCT MEASUREMENTS – Ladies
Click Here for PRODUCT MEASUREMENTS – Men
Machine wash cold, with like colors. Only non-chlorine bleach. Tumble dry low. Warm iron if necessary.
If you need to change your shirt size, please e-mail [email protected] Sizes cannot be changed once online registration closes and changes are not guaranteed.
T-Shirt exchanges will be available at the additional assistance table at packet pick-up. If participants have an issue with the t-shirt size they ordered and are not able to exchange at packet pick-up, they must e-mail [email protected] by the Sunday after the race to coordinate an exchange at Run Away Shoes. Size exchanges are not guaranteed.
The 2021 Exchange area will be nearly 4 miles in at Marine Dr. before runners move onto Heritage Trail.
How to register as a relay participant:
- On the registration form, choose TEAM
- If you are the first person registering for your team, choose CAPTAIN.
- The captain will choose a team name and password. The captain will also pay for the team.
- Captain, share your team name and password with your teammate!
- On the registration form, choose TEAM
- Then, select ‘Register Teammate’
- Choose your team name from the drop-down and enter the password your captain created.
- Complete the remainder of the form
- Pay your captain back for your portion of the race 🙂 – Contact [email protected] if you need help.
- Participants will be encouraged to continue to move through the finish line area. Participants will be directed into the tent for food & beverage.
- Sorry, dogs are not allowed.
- Considering walking the 15k? 18 minutes/mile is the maximum pace. Course closes at 12:00pm.
After Registration Closes:
e-mail [email protected]
Before Registration Closes:
Scroll up to the Self Manager Registration button and choose the “Sell Registration” option.
You will get to choose your sale price and then insert the e-mail of the person who you are selling to and they will receive an e-mail to complete it. You will receive an e-mail once they have done that. Please open that e-mail to approve the transfer. Then, in 2-3 business days, you will receive your refund.
Please e-mail [email protected] if the online registration period has ended and you are still interested in a transfer. You will be given instructions for transferring at packet pick-up.
Transferring Events? E-mail [email protected]
If a registration is transferred AFTER online registration closes, t-shirt size cannot be changed. The person who the registration is transferred to will receive the t-shirt of the person they are transferring from. The desired size is not guaranteed.
This event is not refundable for any reason.
Relay Exchange will be at Marine Dr. nearly 4 miles into the course.
- Due to the number of participants in the events, there will be an 8am start for the 15k/Relay and the 5k will begin shortly after the 15k.
- Only essential staff and participants are permitted behind the start line.
- We are not requireing masks, but you are welcome to wear one. Please be respectful of distancing with others outside your home/circle of contacts.
- Please, do not come to the race if you are unwell.
Porta Potties: At the Start/Finish Line Area, at ~ Mile 4 at the relay exchange
Restrooms: Rainbow Park & Abe Rochlin Park
Water Stops along the course – 3 times on the 15k and 1 time on the 5k.
Parking is available along the street in the surrounding area.
Dockside Tavern Food & Spirits: 425 Nebraska St. Oshkosh, WI 54902 in the Tent
DATES & TIME:
Friday, October 8th from 2pm – 7pm
Saturday, October 9th from 6:45am – 7:45am
If you cannot make it to the race but would still like to receive packet materials, e-mail [email protected] by the Sunday following the event. You will be notified when they are available for pick-up at select Run Away Shoes locations. If you are a participant that does not reach out by then, your materials will be donated. Food will not be included in these late pick-ups.
Please wear your race bib on the FRONT and outermost layer of clothing
DO NOT BEND your race bib. The timing chips are on the back.
We will be accepting group packet pick-up requests to help reduce the number of people coming to packet pick-up. Participants and e-mail to have the packets of a specific group of people put together to make packet pick-up for multiple people easier. A minimum of 5 people must be included for these requests. These requests must be submitted to [email protected] by the Wednesday of race week.
- There will be a volunteer to keep the number of participants in the tent to a minimum. If it is filling up the volunteer will kindly ask participants to wait.
15k & 5k:
Awards will be given to the overall winner (male and female) along with the top 3 finishers (male and female) in each age group.
0-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70+
Awards will be given to the top 3 teams in the following categories (no age groups):
Claiming An Award:
There will be no formal awards ceremony. Awards can pick claimed at the DJ station at the completion of the event or awards will be available for pick-up at Run Away Shoes the week after the event.
If you choose to pick-up your award at Run Away Shoes, please e-mail [email protected] within a week of the race or your award will be donated.
Results can be found via the results button above this section.
General COVID-19 Safety Measures for Run Away Events
We follow local public health guidelines and these plans with necessary ammendments will be in place if it is recommended.
General Safety Measures
Run Away Events will provide the following amenities to encourage hygiene and social distancing at the events:
- Hand sanitizing stations: outside porta potties, stations near start and finish area, and at the event area entrances and exits
- 6’ spacing markers for social distancing
- Lanes to keep moving in one direction from the finish line to picking up materials and exiting the event.
- Signage to encourage hand sanitizing, social distancing, face covering, and not touching your face.
- Signage to discourage celebratory hand-shakes, hi-fives and hugs
Only essential personnel (participants, staff, volunteers and medical personnel) are permitted in the event area. This includes packet pick-up, start & finish line areas, race course.
Please see the sections regarding specific areas of the race for their individual safety measures.
Staff & Volunteer Safety Measures
All Staff and Volunteers will need to check-in with the Run Away Events appointed COVID-19 Manager prior to starting their shift. This check-in includes:
- Answering a series of questions: Run Away Events COVID Screeningto screen them for COVID-19 before starting their shift. These questions included at the conclusion of this document.
- Staff and Volunteers are must take their own temperature before they come and may not report if they have a temperature of 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit or greater, COVID-19 symptoms, or have knowingly been in contact with someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 or has had COVID-19 symptoms in the past 14 days. Temperature must be taken without the use of fever-reducing or other symptom-altering medicines.
- If a staff member or volunteer is not cleared to enter the event area, they will be encouraged to head to a COVID-19 testing site.
- All Race Staff & Volunteers will be:
- Required to wear a mask throughout the duration of the event.
- Provided with and required to use hand sanitizer at least once an hour throughout the duration of the event.
- Instructed and assigned to additional cleaning of frequently touched surfaces for the duration of the event
- Staff and volunteers will have very specific responsibilities to reduce contact with each other and cross-contaminating equipment.
Social Distancing Disclosures
- Social distancing will be a priority between volunteers and staff. We will be adjusting our internal race preparations and race –day preparations to make this accommodation a priority as much as possible. However, please be aware in some situations with set-up, less than the recommended distance of 6’ may be necessary for a brief period of time between staff members.
- Staff & Volunteers will strive to maintain a distance of 6’ from event participants. Because of the nature of the event, there may be times of passing between staff, volunteers, and participants with less than 6’ of the distance between persons.
A participant is defined as someone who has purchased a registration or has had a registration transferred to them and has a race bib. This also includes individuals who may be participating in this event with them while being pushed in a stroller or wheel chair.
- All participants should ask themselves these questions: Run Away Events COVID Screening to screen themselves for COVID-19 before coming to the event. It will also be included in participant packets.
- Participants must take their own temperature before they come and may not attend if they have a temperature of 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit or greater, COVID-19 symptoms, or have knowingly been in contact with someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 or has had COVID-19 symptoms in the past 14 days. Temperature must be taken without the use of fever-reducing or other symptom-altering medicines.
- Do and Don’t Guidelines for Participants:
- Do wash your hands or use hand sanitizer after using the port-a-john.
- Do not spit or “nose rocket” your nose in public – bring along tissues or a small towel or hanky if you need to get rid of some snot during the race.
- Do practice social distancing – ensure appropriate spacing between runners; the current recommendation is at least six feet of separation.
- Do avoid close-group selfies.
- Don’t share fluids, gels, or other fuel.
Communication & Reminders
- Participants will be informed of safety and new event guidelines in several ways:
- Leading up to the race: Participant e-mails, event website, and social media on Run Away Shoes and Run Away Event Races accounts
- Race Day: On-site announcements, participant e-mails, event website, and social media on Run Away Shoes and Run Away Event Races accounts
A spectator is an individual who is not registered for the event but attends for the purpose of viewing and/or supporting the registered participants
- All spectators should ask themselves these questions: Run Away Events COVID Screening to screen themselves for COVID-19 before coming to the event. These questions are included at the end of this document.
- Spectators are encouraged to take their own temperature before they come and may not attend if they have a temperature of 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit or greater, COVID-19 symptoms, or have knowingly been in contact with someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 or has had COVID-19 symptoms in the past 14 days.
- Spectators must stay out of the restricted race areas. This includes inside the start & finish line areas, and the post-race food pick-up area. Only participants with a bib will be allowed in these areas.
- Spectators must keep 6’ of distance from other spectators along barricades at the start & finish line areas. There will be markings on the barricades. Other spectators must stay 6’ back from the barricades until a spot opens.
- Spectators are encouraged to find a spot along the course to cheer on the participants while respecting 6’ of social distancing of other spectators not in their household and participants on the course. There is a course map on this webpage.