Why Everyone Should Volunteer at a Race
Whether you’re racing every weekend or you’ve never signed up for one (or care to), becoming a race volunteer should be added to everyone’s to do list. This is why we think it’s a great idea:
- To Support Local Non-Profits. a majority of local races partner with local non-profits to raise money for their organization. These events cannot go on without volunteers, so as a volunteer you play a pivotal role in helping these charities raise money for their organization!
- To Support Others. Completing a race is no easy feat! What a happy way to spend a portion of your day in support of others pursuing their goals.
- To Be Inspired! Are you in the middle of a training cycle towards your big race? Or do you have another goal you are working towards? Seeing other’s achieve their goals is sure to spur you on!
- To Gain Appreciation. A lot goes into orchestrating a successful event. When you have the opportunity to be behind the scenes as a volunteer helping make things happen, you’ll appreciate any future races you’ll run or other events you’ll attend.
- To Give Back. If you have been the recipient of the support of volunteers in the past, consider it your turn to give back.