A Note on Miles Submission:
This is NOT a entire month of May personal cumulative miles submission. Please submit the number of miles you ran for your ‘Rona Run-Off event – as if you were lining up for the race but instead of calling this a 5k you can choose whatever distance you want. The cumulative part of this event involves adding up the total miles of everyone’s ‘Rona Run-Off once they are all submitted. You do not need to complete your ‘Rona Run-Off on Saturday, May 16th at 9:00am but if you would like to feel like you are running “collectively” you can do your run at that time when you know many other people are out doing the same thing.
What: A FREE Virtual Run/Walk Event to run “together” as a community and also gives shoes to essential staff, specifically those who work hard in janitorial and healthcare roles in our communities.
Help put shoes on the feet of those who are in these serving positions by submitting your miles ran/walked.
Every 50 miles submitted by participants in the event = 1 pair of shoes donated. Please see the note on Miles submissions in the black box above.
Who: Anyone who lives and/or works in and around areas surrounding Oshkosh, Fox Cities, and Greater Green Bay.
When: Registration is open from May 1st through May 10th. Event bibs will be mailed out on May 11th. You may participate at any time between when you receive your bib and May 31st. If you would like to feel like you are participating with a “group” we are setting the official date and time of this virtual run at 9:00am on Saturday, May 16th. You do not have to complete your ‘Rona Run-Off at this time if you do not want to.
How far?: Any distance you choose!
Please Submit Your Miles After Your Run! The deadline to submit your miles is Sunday, May 31st. Submit the number of miles you ran or walked for this virtual event via the button at the top of this webpage or under “How To Participate” below. You may only submit your miles once, for one run or walk.
Where: Anywhere! (respecting social distancing rules, of course)
Included with your registration:
- Commemorative Event Bib
- Coupon for 10% off one purchase from Graystone Ale House, The Bar
There are no individual awards for speed or distance, but Run Away Shoes will donate pairs of shoes to janitorial and healthcare workers in our area based on total miles collectively ran/walked of all virtual run participants! Every 50 miles = 1 pair of shoes.
FREE EVENT REGISTRATION
Registration is open from May 1st – May 10th
Your race bib will be mailed to you on Monday, May 13th.
RACE LIABILITY WAIVER FOR THE ‘Rona Run-Off Virtual Run
By participating in this race event and signing below, I understand, agree, warrant and covenant as follows:
- Authority to Register and/or to Act as Agent. I represent and warrant to Run Away Events (“Mercury’s Flight LLC”) that I have full legal authority and right to complete this event registration on behalf of myself and/or any party that I am registering for this event (the “Registered Parties”), including the full authority to make use of the credit or debit card to which registration fees will be charged. As used in this Waiver, “Mercury’s Flight LLC” refers to Run Away Events and any and all subsidiaries, affiliated entities, or entities that control or are controlled by Run Away Events singly or together and its officers, employees, contractors, subcontractors and agents.
I represent that if I am registering a child under the age of 18 or an incapacitated adult, I represent and warrant that (1) I am the parent or assigned legal guardian of such party; (2) I have the legal authority to enter into this agreement on their behalf; and (3) by proceeding with this event registration, I agree that the terms of this Agreement and Waiver shall apply equally to all parties that I registered/the Registered Parties. By registering a child under 13, I agree and consent to the collection of that child’s information which I am providing for the purposes of registration for participation in this event.
- Applicable Rules for the Race:
- I acknowledge that this is an event in which I will participate independently and am solely responsible for myself.
- I acknowledge that there will be no awards for places and or age groups.
- I acknowledge and agree that I will follow all other additional rules that are either: (1) posted or given to me prior to the event at the time of sign-up and/or at the time of registering or signing in for the race; (2) announced by the race organizers via e–mail (3) any rules told to me by any race officials, safety officers, or anyone else officially helping to administer the race.
- Liability Waiver: By participating in the race event and signing this Waiver, I hereby acknowledge and agree that running a race and participating in any type of race, race, or event is a hazardous activity. I should not enter and run unless I am medically able, properly conditioned, and properly trained for the event. I also acknowledge that this is a Virtual Run in which I will be participating independently on an open course of my choice. I know and acknowledge that traffic is likely to be on and/or immediately adjacent to the course, and as such, I assume all of the necessary risks of running in and around traffic. By participating in the race event and signing this Waiver, I am specifically assuming any and all risks associated with participating in this event, including but not limited to, all falls, contact with other participants, the effects and stresses of the race and of the weather, all conditions of the walkways and roads, any and all medical conditions related to heat/cold or hydration, and to all such other risks inherent in participating in an athletic event of this kind and nature. Furthermore, I agree to follow all instructions of the event, yield to any and all emergency vehicles and emergency personal during the course of the event. Knowing these facts, and in consideration of your accepting my entry, I hereby for myself, my heirs, executors, administrators or anyone else who might assert or attempt to assert any claim on my behalf, covenant not to sue, and waive and release and discharge Run Away Shoes, Mercury’s Flight, LLC, ‘Rona Run-Off, its owners, employees, and assigns, all race sponsors, race officials, and volunteers, in addition to all of their agents, employees, assigns or anyone acting for or on their behalf (the “Releasees”) from any and all claims or liability for any personal injury, property damage, or death of any kind or nature whatsoever arising out of, or in the course of, my participating in, or the participation of the Registered Parties in this event. This release and waiver extends to all claims of every kind or nature whatsoever, foreseen or unforeseen, known or unknown.
I UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT PARTICIPATION IN THE EVENT IS POTENTIALLY HAZARDOUS, AND THAT A REGISTERED PARTY SHOULD NOT PARTICIPATE UNLESS THEY ARE MEDICALLY ABLE AND PROPERLY TRAINED. I UNDERSTAND THAT EVENTS MAY BE HELD OVER PUBLIC ROADS AND FACILITES OPEN TO THE PUBLIC DURING THE EVENT AND UPON WHICH HAZARDS ARE TO BE EXPECTED. PARTICIPATION CARRIES WITH IT CERTAIN INHERENT RISKS THAT CANNOT BE ELIMINATED COMPLETELY RANGING FROM MINOR INJURIES TO CATASTROPHIC INJURIES INCLUDING DEATH. I UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT IN CONSIDERATION OF BEING PERMITTED TO PARTICIPATE IN THE EVENT, I AND ANY REGISTERED PARTY, THE HEIRS, PERSONAL REPRESENTATIVES OR ASSIGNS OF MYSELF OR THE REGISTERED PARTY DO HEREBY RELEASE, WAIVE, DISCHARGE AND CONVENANT NOT TO SUE THE RELEASEES FOR ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FROM ANY AND ALL CLAIMS ARISING FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE EVENT BY MYSELF OR ANY REGISTERED PARTY.
- Indemnification. In accordance with the above Liability Waiver, I specifically agree to indemnify, defend, and hold all of the Releasees harmless from and against any and all damages, costs, claims or demands, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third party due to or arising from or relating to my participation in the event and/or for any lawsuits or claims brought by any third parties in contradiction of or related to the Liability Waiver above.
- Photo Release. By signing below, I acknowledge and agree that during participation of the event a photograph, motion picture, or recording may be taken or made of me by race organizers, facilitators, and sponsors of the event, and that I hereby fully consent and agree to and grant full permission to such race organizers, facilitators, and sponsors of the event to use such photographs, motions pictures, and recordings of me, as well as any other record of this event, for any purpose.
- Applicable Law and Consent to Jurisdiction. By completing this event registration, I agree that the statutes and laws of the State of Wisconsin, without regard to the conflict of laws principles thereof, will apply to all matters relating to this event, Agreement and Waiver, and event registration. I agree that exclusive jurisdiction for any dispute with the Releasees resides in the courts of the State of Wisconsin and I further agree and expressly consent to the exercise of personal jurisdiction in the courts of the State of Wisconsin in connection with any dispute including any claim involving the Releasees, its or their affiliates, subsidiaries, employees, agents contractors, officers, and volunteers.
- Severability. I further expressly agree that this Agreement and Waiver is intended to be as broad and inclusive as is permitted by the laws of the State of Wisconsin and that if any provision of this Agreement and Waiver shall be found to be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this Agreement and Waiver and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
BY INDICATING MY ACCEPTANCE OF THIS AGREEEMENT AND WAIVER, I AM AFFIRMING THAT I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THIS AGREEMENT AND WAIVER AND FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS. I UNDERSTAND THAT I AM GIVING UP SUBSTANTIAL AND SIGNIFICANT RIGHTS, INCLUDING THE RIGHT TO SUE.
I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT I AM SIGNING THIS AGREEMENT AND WAIVER FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY, AM NOT REQUIRED TO PARTIPCATE IN THIS EVENT, AM DOING SO VOLUNTARILY, AND THAT BY SIGNING THIS AGREEMENT I AM GRANTING A COMPLETE AND UNCONDITIONAL RELEASE OF ALL LIABILITY TO THE GREATEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY WISCONSIN AND ITS LAW.
How to participate
1) Get in the Zone
We’ll put together a “Social Distance” Spotify playlist for you to enjoy before, during, or after you run. Find it HERE
2) Put On Your Bib, and Get Moving!
Run or walk as many miles as you want, anywhere you want!
This could be on a treadmill, running track, park trail, city sidewalks, … really, anywhere where runners and walkers are welcome. Please respect social distancing rules.
3) Submit Your Miles
Follow this link to submit your miles: https://bit.ly/ronamiles
Every Mile Matters!
We will donate 1 pair of shoes for every 50 miles submitted by participants. You may only submit for one run/walk (the one you complete for the official event) and submissions close on May 31st.
Every 50 miles = 1 pair of shoes donated
4) Share Your Accomplishment!
- Share about your experience on social media using the hashtag #RonaRunOff so it can be a collective experience with everyone participating. You can use these social media assets we created if you’d like: download from Dropbox HERE
- While you’re there, search the hashtag and cheer on other participants!
- If your social media handle is private, but you’re willing to share your picture with us to share on our page, send it to [email protected]
- Post in the Facebook Event
- If you don’t have social media, feel free to e-mail us at [email protected] with as much as you want to share about your run or walk!
Stay Virtually Connected
Join the Facebook Event and follow along on the Run Away Event Races Facebook page.
There will be a pinned post on the Run Away Event Races Facebook page from May 11th – May 31st if you would like to connect with other virtual runners or share about your experience.
Take a picture of your self sporting your bib, and share about your experience on social media using the hashtag #RonaRunOff so we can find you! If your profile is private, email us at [email protected]
VIRTUAL CUSTOM FIT PROCESS
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Can I pick up my race kit with drive-up at Run Away Shoes?
No, the bibs will only be shipped.
Can I walk the event?
Yes, of course! If you submit your miles, they will count towards the final total, too!
Can I participate with my dog, or while pushing my kiddo in the stroller?
Of course! That is the beauty of the virtual event, dogs ARE allowed (as long as you are appropriately following city laws). You are more than welcome to push your kiddo in a stroller.
I have a question!
E-mail us at [email protected] and we will be happy to answer your question.
PROMOTIONS & LOYALTY REWARDS
JOIN OUR LOYALTY REWARDS PROGRAM
© COPYRIGHT 2019 RUN AWAY SHOES