Run Away Event Staff & Volunteer Safety Measures
Staff & Volunteers Safety Measure
- All Staff and Volunteers will need to check-in with the Run Away Events appointed COVID-19 Manager prior to starting their shift. This check-in includes:
- Answering a series a questions to screen them for COVID-19 before starting their shift.
- Staff and Volunteers are must take their own temperature before they come and may not report if they have a temperature of 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit or greater, COVID-19 symptoms, or have knowingly been in contact with someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 or has had COVID-19 symptoms in the past 14 days. Temperature must be taken without the use of fever-reducing or other symptom-altering medicines.
- If a staff member or volunteer is not cleared to enter the event area, they will be encouraged to head to a COVID-19 testing site.
- All Race Staff & Volunteers will be:
- Required to wear a mask throughout the duration of the event.
- Provided with and required to use hand sanitizer at least once an hour throughout the duration of the event.
- Instructed and assigned to additional cleaning of frequently touched surfaces for the duration of the event
- Staff and volunteers will have very specific responsibilities to reduce contact with each other and cross-contaminating equipment.
Social Distancing Disclosures
- Social distancing will be a priority between volunteers and staff. We will be adjusting our internal race preparations and race –day preparations to make this accommodation a priority as much as possible. However, please be aware in some situations with set-up, less than the recommended distance of 6’ may be necessary for a brief period of time between staff members.
- Staff & Volunteers will strive to maintain a distance of 6’ from event participants. Because of the nature of the event, there may be times of passing between staff, volunteers and participants with less than 6’ of distance between persons.