A participant is defined as someone who has purchased a registration or has had a registration transferred to them and has a race bib.
- All participants should ask themselves these questions: Run Away Events COVID Screening to screen themselves for COVID-19 before coming to the event. It will also be included in participant e-mail pre-event.
- Participants must take their own temperature before they come and may not attend if they have a temperature of 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit or greater, COVID-19 symptoms, or have knowingly been in contact with someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 or has had COVID-19 symptoms in the past 14 days. Temperature must be taken without the use of fever-reducing or other symptom-altering medicines.
- Do and Don’t Guidelines for Participants:
- Do wash your hands or use hand sanitizer after using the port-a-john.
- Do not spit or “nose rocket” your nose in public – bring along tissues or a small towel or hanky if you need to get rid of some snot during the race.
- Do practice social distancing – ensure appropriate spacing between runners; the current recommendation is at least six feet of separation.
- Do avoid close-group selfies.
- Don’t share fluids, gels, or other fuel.
Communication & Reminders
- Participants will be informed of safety and new event guidelines in several ways:
- Leading up to the race: Participant e-mails, event website, and social media on Run Away Shoes and Run Away Event Races accounts
- Race Day: On-site announcements, participant e-mails, event website, and social media on Run Away Shoes and Run Away Event Races accounts
A spectator is an individual who is not registered for the event but attends for the purpose of viewing and/or supporting the registered participants
- All spectators should ask themselves these questions: Run Away Events COVID Screening to screen themselves for COVID-19 before coming to the event. These questions are included at the end of this document.
- Spectators are encouraged to take their own temperature before they come and may not attend if they have a temperature of 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit or greater, COVID-19 symptoms, or have knowingly been in contact with someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 or has had COVID-19 symptoms in the past 14 days.
- Spectators must stay out of the restricted race areas. This includes inside the start & finish line areas, and the post-race food pick-up area. Only participants with a bib will be allowed in these areas.
- Spectators must keep 6’ of distance from other spectators along barricades at the start & finish line areas. There will be markings on the barricades. Other spectators must stay 6’ back from the barricades until a spot opens.
- Spectators are encouraged to find a spot along the course to cheer on the participants while respecting 6’ of social distancing of other spectators not in their household and participants on the course. There is a course map on this webpage.
General Event Info
WHEN: 2021 – TBD
START: 9:00am CST start for the 5k/10k. The Big Snow Beverage Climb will begin at 10:00am.
We encourage all attendees to wear a mask if they can at the start and again at the finish line of the event.
WHERE: The race will start & finish at:
Indianhead Mountain Resort 500 Indianhead Rd, Wakefield, MI 49968
COURSE MAP: TOTW Course
PARTICIPANTS WILL RECEIVE:
- Participant Shirt (5k/10k participants only
- Post-Race Food – Boxed To-Go (5k/10k participants only)
- Beer or Soda Coupon
- Chip Timing (5k/10k participants only)
There are no awards for this event.
FOLLOW US ON
What is the Beverage Climb?
It is an ~.2 mile hike that is 400-ish ft of ascent. At the top/finish is a beverage.
- Registration will be ONLINE ONLY. There will be NO registration available at packet pick-up.
- Registration will close for the event when online registration closes.
Big Snow Beverage Climb
2020 Race Shirt Information
If you need to change your shirt size, please e-mail [email protected] Sizes cannot be changed once online registration closes and changes are not guaranteed.
T-Shirt exchanges will be available on race day at packet pick-up. Size exchanges are not guaranteed.
I pre-registered and am now able to participate in the event. Can I get a refund?
We are sorry that you can no longer participate in the event. Refunds are not offered at this event for any reason, however, see the transfer option below for selling your registration to someone else.
Can I transfer my registration to a different participant?
Yes, there is a transfer option available. CLICK HERE for the participant self-management tool and choose the “Sell Registration” option.
Use the Participant Self Management link to sell your registration. You will get to choose your refund (i.e. the price you want to sell it at) and then inset the e-mail of the person who you are selling/transferring and they will receive an e-mail to complete it. You will receive an e-mail once they have done that. Please open that e-mail to approve the transfer. Then, in 2-3 business days, you will receive your refund.
Please e-mail [email protected] if the online registration period has ended and you are still interested in a transfer. You will be given instructions for transferring at packet pick-up.
Can I transfer events?
Yes. Please e-mail [email protected] to assist if you decide to participate in an event other than the one you signed up for.
Transferring and T-Shirts
If a registration is transferred AFTER online registration closes, t-shirt size cannot be changed. The person who the registration is transferred to will receive the t-shirt of the person they are transferring from. Desired size is not guaranteed.
Registered? Great! Now Book Your Stay!
Thank you for registering for our race! Now, book your stay!
Stay on top of Indianhead Mt. for special offers during this event. If your only staying one or two nights use promo code RUN to get discounted rates on your lodging. If you want to stay for 3 nights, use promo code STAY3 to get your 3rd night for FREE!
Race Day Information
General Safety Measures
Run Away Events will provide the following amenities to encourage hygiene and social distancing at the events:
- Packet pick-up is outdoors under the tent
- Hand sanitizing stations in the main event area
- Signage to encourage hand sanitizing, social distancing, face covering, and not touching your face.
- Signage to discourage celebratory hand-shakes, hi-fives and hugs
Only essential personnel (participants, staff, volunteers and medical personnel) are permitted in the event area. This includes packet pick-up, start & finish line areas, race course.
Please see the sections regarding specific areas of the race for their individual safety measures.
Staff & Volunteer Safety Measures
All Staff and Volunteers will need to check-in with the Run Away Events appointed COVID-19 Manager prior to starting their shift. This check-in includes:
- Answering a series of questions: Run Away Events COVID Screening to screen them for COVID-19 before starting their shift.
- Staff and Volunteers are must take their own temperature before they come and may not report if they have a temperature of 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit or greater, COVID-19 symptoms, or have knowingly been in contact with someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 or has had COVID-19 symptoms in the past 14 days. Temperature must be taken without the use of fever-reducing or other symptom-altering medicines.
- If a staff member or volunteer is not cleared to enter the event area, they will be encouraged to head to a COVID-19 testing site.
- All Race Staff & Volunteers will be:
- Required to wear a mask throughout the duration of the event.
- Provided with and required to use hand sanitizer at least once an hour throughout the duration of the event.
- Instructed and assigned to additional cleaning of frequently touched surfaces for the duration of the event
- Staff and volunteers will have very specific responsibilities to reduce contact with each other and cross-contaminating equipment.
Social Distancing Disclosures
- Social distancing will be a priority between volunteers and staff. We will be adjusting our internal race preparations and race –day preparations to make this accommodation a priority as much as possible. However, please be aware in some situations with set-up, less than the recommended distance of 6’ may be necessary for a brief period of time between staff members.
- Staff & Volunteers will strive to maintain a distance of 6’ from event participants. Because of the nature of the event, there may be times of passing between staff, volunteers, and participants with less than 6’ of the distance between persons.
2020 Packet Pick-Up Information
LOCATION & TIME
Packet pick-up will be the morning the event only starting at 7:30am under a tent at the main event area. Complete details & map coming soon.
Packets will be in alphabetical groups by last name.
If you cannot make it to the race but would still like to receive packet materials, e-mail [email protected] by the Sunday following the event. You will be notified when they are available for pick-up at select Run Away Shoes locations. If you are a participant that does not reach out by then, your materials will be donated.
What materials are included with the race?
- Bib, Pins, Shirt, Free Lift Pass
- Post-Race you will receive: Beverage Coupon, Food Boxed To-Go, Bottled Water
Since beverage coupons will be given, there will be no ID check. ID’s will be checked at the establishment when the coupon is redeemed.
Please wear your race bib on the FRONT and outermost layer of clothing
DO NOT BEND your race bib. The timing chips are on the back.
What To Expect At Packet Pick-Up
- Bib pick-up will take place outside, and under a tent.
- Tables will be spaced 6’ apart.
- 6’ distance markings will be on the ground as participants come to pick-up their packet.
- A path will be marked out for entering and exiting to keep social distancing relevant at all times.
Details will be listed here once available.
Start & Finish Line
- Only essential staff and participants are permitted behind the start line.
- There will be no wave starts at this event but there will be plenty of space at the start line for social distancing.
- We strongly encourage a mask or buff be worn as a face covering at the start line of the event, and again at the finish line.
- Participants will be encouraged to continue to move through the finish line area.
- There will be a table with food inside the tent. Water will be located on tables outside the event.
- There will be no post-race party. All participants will be directed to immediately exit the event once they pick up their food.
- Participants who complete the event cannot come back in. They may move to a spectator spot along the finish line of the course.
Water & Toilets
- Bathrooms are located on-site
- There will be a water stop located near the start line where participants will loop through.
Participants are encouraged to be mindful of keeping your distance from other participants while they are walking or running unless they are from the same household.
The link to the album from our photographer will be sent out the week after the event in an e-mail to all participants. We will also link it here, and you will be able to view them on the Run Away Event Races Facebook page.
The results will be posted here at the conclusion of the race. Results will not be posted or available at the race.
PROMOTIONS & LOYALTY REWARDS
JOIN OUR LOYALTY REWARDS PROGRAM
Sign up to be the first to know about exciting new products, events and sales!
© COPYRIGHT 2019 RUN AWAY SHOES